2010. április 12., hétfő

Hunglish Play

Budapest Interkult launched a project to show expats’ life on stage. On the first occasion, March 1, all volunteers – Hungarians and Foreigners – were asked to show themselves on stage and tell the audience something about their own experiences related to being foreign or seeing foreigners.













Here are some quotations:

„A word that is still weird to me: Puszi.”

„I had to go to hospital, and Attila was saying, ’we are going to sajnos Árpádkorház’. I did not understand, why he said sajnos, until we got there and I saw the hospital.”

„I met an Italian in a disco. He asked me ’Do you speak Italian?’ I said : ’Si’. He said: ’So lets speak English!’”

„Why is everybody saying ’Hello’, even when they are leaving?”

And one even came up with what we decided to be the working title of the play: This is Hungary. That’s why!

Alice Müller


(Some photos about the next Interkult evening on
Facebook)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése